The Bihar Chapter of IDIA (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) is delighted to announce its 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗣𝗜𝗟 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗲𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 (𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 & 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴) in association with 𝗗𝘂𝗮 𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 and 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗹 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗿 𝗖𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵 (𝗬𝗟𝗖𝗖).
𝘼𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣
Public Interest Litigation (PIL) is the Indian judiciary’s unique gift to constitutional jurisprudence. PIL provides a relaxation in the procedural requirements for approaching the Judiciary in cases where the “interest” of the “public” is under threat. It is an invitation extended to all the public-spirited individuals to knock on the Court’s door if they witness constitutional neglect or lawlessness.
The main objective of public interest litigation is to safeguard the interests of the society and ensure that justice is served to all, irrespective of social, financial, and socio-economic backwardness.
The principal objective of the competition is to provide the budding minds of the legal fraternity with an opportunity to understand the practical intricacies of drafting a PIL.
This competition is a fundraiser, the contribution made by the participants will be used for the purpose of funding the legal education of underprivileged and marginalized students.
- Individual Participation, as well as Participation in a team of two, is allowed
- Cross teams are allowed
Students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3- year LL.B. course or 5 year LL.B. course from any recognized university/college in India
- 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗮𝘁 𝗗𝘂𝗮 𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀
- 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗦𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗬𝗟𝗖𝗖
- Certificates of Excellence and Participation
𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙪𝙢 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙪𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣/ 𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙛𝙚𝙚
- Single Participation: ₹ 200/-
- Participation in a team of two: ₹ 250/-
- Payment has to be made on the following UPI ID:
- 𝘀𝗵𝘂𝗯𝗵𝗴𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗺𝟱𝟮@𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗰𝗶 / 8507130175 (Shubh Gautam)
- Last Date for Registration: 30th June 2022
- Last Date of Submission: 10th July 2022
- Oral Rounds: 20th July 2022
- Registration Link: https://forms.gle/g9QBkvi1s4pxHvwRA
In case of queries, feel free to reach out to:
- Mukesh Kumar: 8083004848
- Shubh Gautam: 8507130175